[Samba] After joining domain, Samba uses the workgroup name, not the FQDN when running the net ads command

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Dec 4 09:11:24 UTC 2015

On 04/12/15 08:58, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> And last thing i forgot.
>
> Is this server having multiple interfaces ?
> Yes, set in smb.conf
> interfaces =  127.0.0.1
> bind interfaces only = No
>
> and can you post the complete krb5.conf again.
> I did not see in libdefaults.
>      dns_lookup_kdc = true
>      dns_lookup_realm = false

You don't actually need those lines, they are the defaults, but it
wouldn't hurt if they were there :-)

I still think it is his weird dns setup, were he has a dnsmasq server
replicating what the DCs know (or is supposed to). I think the sheer
fact that he didn't know what lmhosts is, says a lot.

Rowland