[Samba] [Samba4] 4.3.0 trust relationship

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:53:45 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I was testing the 4.3.0 version to see what is available with trust
relationship but except having my DCs telling me there are trust
relationship and using the global catalog to perform search (but with only
search for object in a.domain.tld when search is performed against
dc.a.domain.tld) I can do nothing else.

My own knowledge on that subject is quiet null so I come to you asking some
questions:
- are trust relationship already supposed to grant cross-domain
authentication from Windows clients? Ex: user at a.domain.tld connecting on
computer at b.domain.tld
- are ldapsearch queries supposed to work when asking to dc.a.domain.tld
some information about object contained in b.domain.tld?

Or was I just to enthusiast?

Is there already some document related to these trust relationships
somewhere else than "samba-tool domain trust --help"?

Best regards,

mathias