[Samba] DFS Replication schedule?

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 24 12:19:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

I know that Samba does not yet support DFS replication, but is it at
least still on the todo list? Is anybody working on it?

The reason I ask is that I read "DFS Replication requires access to a
volume's NTFS change journal to detect changes."

Does this mean that implementing it in samba is not possible at all?

Or are there alternatives to keep a windows and a linux server in sync?
Can rsync detect that a directory has been renamed, or will it remove
the old directory and then replicate everything again?

regards,
Klaus