[Samba] connection problem getaddrinfo failed for name XXXXXX (flags 34) [Name or service not known]

zhaowei zhao6300 at live.com
Sat Sep 20 09:02:46 MDT 2014

Hi:    Here is my situation , My laptop was installed CentOS 7, and samba 4.1.1 . I can successfully make share in my workplace.But  when I take my laptop to another place , others can't connect to my samba. So I checked the log, I saw something like this, [2014/09/20 21:58:28.112151,  3] ../lib/util/util_net.c:78(interpret_string_addr_internal)  interpret_string_addr_internal: getaddrinfo failed for name XXXXXX (flags 34) [Name or service not known]the XXXXX is a host name . Why samba did this ? Because I have install samba on my laptop . I don't want to change my /etc/hosts file all the time .Can I configure it in smb.conf to make  it not do getaddrinfo from my hostname ? Just get my interface address ?