[Samba] Samba shares not refreshing in Windows after upgrade

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Sep 3 10:09:13 MDT 2014

Hello Pat,

Am 02.09.2014 23:42, schrieb list.t.inthehop at spamgourmet.com:
> I'm working with Samba on Ubuntu.  We recently upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 and
> with it Samba 3.6.3 to 4.1.6  (Version: 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.3).
>  Since the upgrade, the mapped network drives on Windows do not refresh the
> shared files. It maps to the location without any problems and you can look
> at the content of the share.  If you exit the window and then create a new
> file or even touch an existing file on the server, it does not refresh the
> contents when you open a new window.
>
> I uninstalled libpam-smbpass to quiet the memory leak but it does not
> affect the lag issue at all.
>
> There were no issues with 3.6.3 and we made no changes to smb.conf.  Any
> suggestions?

I can just guess, because you didn't provide much information, like your
smb.conf, etc.

My guess is the following:
Default in Samba 3 was 'max protocol = NT1'. In Samba 4.1 it is 'max
protocol = SMB3'. Maybe you have an SMB caching issue:
http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ff686200%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Regards,
Marc