[Samba] Samba shares not refreshing in Windows after upgrade

list.t.inthehop at spamgourmet.com list.t.inthehop at spamgourmet.com
Tue Sep 2 15:42:48 MDT 2014

I'm working with Samba on Ubuntu.  We recently upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 and
with it Samba 3.6.3 to 4.1.6  (Version: 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.3).
 Since the upgrade, the mapped network drives on Windows do not refresh the
shared files. It maps to the location without any problems and you can look
at the content of the share.  If you exit the window and then create a new
file or even touch an existing file on the server, it does not refresh the
contents when you open a new window.

I uninstalled libpam-smbpass to quiet the memory leak but it does not
affect the lag issue at all.

There were no issues with 3.6.3 and we made no changes to smb.conf.  Any
suggestions?

Pat