[Samba] New group membership not taken into account on member servers

Hans-Kristian Bakke hkbakke at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 08:56:54 MDT 2014

When I get issues like that (membership correctly displayed with
getent group, but not in groups <user>), I usually have to delete the
netsamlogon_cache.tdb (I could just delete the user in question to
force refresh to avoid restarting winbind, but that is more of an
hassle)

service winbind stop
rm /var/cache/samba/netsamlogon_cache.tdb
service winbind start

It doesn't really help to login again to refresh the users group
membership. It seems to be stuck, even for days, until I do this.

Hans-Kristian