[Samba] New group membership not taken into account on member servers

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Oct 5 03:46:08 MDT 2014

On 05/10/14 11:04, Sébastien Le Ray wrote:

> Le 05/10/2014 10:22, steve a écrit :
>> There was the other suggestion of using id or a login and all the
>> wbinfo stuff. All force an ldap lookup, but I think you've already
>> tried them.
>
> Yes, id someuser is wrong, getent passwd is wrong, wbinfo -r is wrong
> wbinfo --group-info is good :)

If all else fails, there's always the winbind-or-bust check-list:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/samba4-winbind-desperation.html

Don't forget the links, e.g. for 32 bit:
ln -s /usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so /lib
ln -s /lib/libnss_winbind.so /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2
ldconfig

HTH,
Steve