[Samba] Samba 4 Create User Home Dir??

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Sat Nov 29 13:52:44 MST 2014

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> I will say it again, samba only ignores most of the RFC2307 attributes on
> the AD DC, samba will use all the RFC2307 attributes on any machine that is
> not an AD DC.
>
> Yes, sssd will use the 'unixHomeDirectory' attribute, but it will still
> have to be set in AD, otherwise you will have to revert to the sssd
> equivalent of 'template homedir'

Ah OK.  I'm getting it...  just slow on the uptake.

SME Server uses an action/event system whereby certain actions on the
server can "trigger" an event.  I have an event now that it used to create
 user accounts and I was going to create an action to setup the users home
directory.

I've not quite figured out "template homedir" yet.  I take it that this is
used to create user home directories on the fly?

Greg