[Samba] winbind using active directory's unix attributes

Jakub Kulesza jakkul at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 02:16:05 MST 2014

I had similar problem on a server that needed proper PAM to verify users
for postgreSQL users. What I did, was setting up openldap working as a
proxy for Samba4 internal LDAP and nss_ldap as a pam plugin.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_other_services_against_AD
this is relevant.

What version of samba do you use? Can you post your smb.conf? Dou you have
acl and user_xattr enabled on your filesystem?

gonzalo.ortega at aernnova.com>:

> We have  Windows AD configured  with identity for Unix so windows users
> have their uid and gid set in the unix attributes tab of the Active
> directory.
>
> Aix server is joined to the AD successfully.
>
> How can you make that Samba (winbind) uses  Windows user's uid and gid
> set in the active directory's unix attributes tab?
>
> I have tested several configurations but when I set permissions in samba
> shares from windows clients in the aix server  I can not get to set the
> uid and gid configure in the active directory's unix attributes tab.
>

> Gonzalo Ortega
>

> --

Pozdrawiam
Jakub Kulesza