[Samba] winbind using active directory's unix attributes

ORTEGA DOMINGUEZ, GONZALO gonzalo.ortega at aernnova.com
Wed Nov 19 01:07:37 MST 2014

We have  Windows AD configured  with identity for Unix so windows users
have their uid and gid set in the unix attributes tab of the Active
directory.

Aix server is joined to the AD successfully.

How can you make that Samba (winbind) uses  Windows user's uid and gid
set in the active directory's unix attributes tab?

I have tested several configurations but when I set permissions in samba
shares from windows clients in the aix server  I can not get to set the
uid and gid configure in the active directory's unix attributes tab.

Gonzalo Ortega