[Samba] winbind using active directory's unix attributes

ORTEGA DOMINGUEZ, GONZALO gonzalo.ortega at aernnova.com
Thu Nov 20 07:39:18 MST 2014

Hi,

I’m using samba 3.5.8 on AIX .

Windows users can authenticate on my linux servers configured as ldap clients with Windows AD servers configured with Identity for Unix, so what I want is  use ldap unix attributes sid and gid so I can keep the same permissions on all servers (AIX + Linux).

I’m testing this configuration right now :

        idmap backend = tdb

        idmap config DOMAIN : backend  = ad

        idmap config DOMAIN : range = 65536-999999999

        idmap config DOMAIN : schema_mode = rfc2307

and it looks it works , I see on the aix server  file’s permissions set with user’s AD unix attributes ( uid and gid )and  when I access the file from windows I see the permission with the window user name.

thanks !

Gonzalo Ortega