[Samba] samba4 4.1 wiki/explanation: dcerpc endpoint servers

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Nov 18 13:22:55 MST 2014

Am 18.11.2014 um 10:54 schrieb Rowland Penny:
> As far as I can see, there doesn't appear to be any documentation, but
> you also mention member & standalone servers. You only get the
> "dcerpc endpoint servers" line in smb.conf if you provision samba4 with
> samba-tool, whilst it appears that you can provision a member or
> standalone server, trying to provision either of these will not actually
> work, they will appear to work, but won't. I have updated the AD DC
> Howto page:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Provisioning_The_Samba_Active_Directory
> to reflect this.

Should we really explain in the _DC only_ documention, options for
Member and Standalone servers and that it's not possible to provision
both? It has nothing to do with the DC.

I prefer to keep the documentation small and simple and just explaining
the options, the documentation is for. The Member Server documentation
already says, that you can't provision a Member. I think this fits more
to the topic.

Regards,
Marc