[Samba] samba4 4.1 wiki/explanation: dcerpc endpoint servers

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 18 02:54:13 MST 2014

On 18/11/14 08:19, Daniel Müller wrote:
> Dear all,
> still miss an exact wiki/explanation about the params of  "dcerpc endpoint
> servers" concerning samba ADS, samba member, samba standalone!?
> Just give me a hint where to look at.
>
> Thank you
> Daniel
>

> EDV Daniel Müller
>
> Leitung EDV
> Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
> Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
> 72076 Tübingen
> Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
> eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
> Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

As far as I can see, there doesn't appear to be any documentation, but
you also mention member & standalone servers. You only get the
"dcerpc endpoint servers" line in smb.conf if you provision samba4 with
samba-tool, whilst it appears that you can provision a member or
standalone server, trying to provision either of these will not actually
work, they will appear to work, but won't. I have updated the AD DC
Howto page:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Provisioning_The_Samba_Active_Directory
to reflect this.

Rowland