[Samba] SysVol questions

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Thu May 22 09:43:55 MDT 2014

Hi,

A volume is a share

Your client connect to netware using netware client for windows , right ?

that mean : your netwarre server act as a file-server and a auth server.

You can do that with samba4, but it's not recommended.
it's better to separate file-server and auth-server.

In your example : a VM with the AD (sysvol) server and a other server with
your share (volume).

When I startd my job, our file-server was a netware 3.11 (2000-2001).
And I migrate from this server to a samba 2.2.x.

so it's a big migration.

regards

        Stéphane Purnelle

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467

samba-bounces at lists.samba.org wrote on 22/05/2014 17:28:45:

> De : Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>
> A : samba at lists.samba.org,
> Date : 22/05/2014 17:29
> Objet : Re: [Samba] SysVol questions
> Envoyé par : samba-bounces at lists.samba.org
>

> On 5/22/2014 11:06 AM, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> Do these volumes have to be on the same partition?
> >> Can each volume be a separate partition?
> >> Do these  reside under the SysVol partition or can they be anywhere?
> > Sysvol is a particular share used when you want to use samba as a
Active