[Samba] SysVol questions

Stéphane PURNELLE stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Thu May 22 09:06:05 MDT 2014

Hi,

> Do these volumes have to be on the same partition?
> Can each volume be a separate partition?
> Do these  reside under the SysVol partition or can they be anywhere?

Sysvol is a particular share used when you want to use samba as a Active
Directory Domain Controler.

this share must not contain data (your volumes).

a volume can be a partition or a directory into a partition.
it's depend how you want to manage your server.

What netware version have you ?

regards

        Stéphane Purnelle

Stéphane PURNELLE                         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467