[Samba] SysVol questions

JD Daniels jd at internetguys.ca
Sat May 24 14:43:51 MDT 2014

I do not think this is necessarily a samba issue. I have 3 customers who
went with Server 2011 and server 2012.

Each customer that saves excel and/or word documents to the server with
a mapped drive suffered TERRIBLE performance with window 7. Windows XP
clients were fine.

In the end, we disabled SMB2 on all the servers, and every client is a
happy camper. Since none of three are customers I have samba in place
for, I think it safe to throw the crappy performance finger at SMB2.

--
JD Daniels