[Samba] Ubuntu client ddns failure

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue May 20 08:18:58 MDT 2014

On 20/05/14 15:52, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:

> not like this.
>> 127.0.0.1    localhost
>> 127.0.1.1    lubuntu-laptop.hh3.site    lubuntu-laptop
>
> This is simply wrong, and cause by dhcp client at install.
>
> better...
> 127.0.0.1    localhost
> 192.168.1.22 lubuntu-laptop.hh3.site    lubuntu-laptop
> for dedicated IP.
>
> Do you use resolvconf ( the packages, default is its used ) if so configure it.
> or configure /etc/network/interfaces  and add the dns-nameserver dns-search dns-domain.
> when dns-  is used resolvconf adds the info in /etc/resolv.conf

Hi
We can't use fixed IP. It's a laptop.
But tried it anyway and the error is the same. It's still looking for:
DNS/a.root-servers.net at HH3.SITE: no such entry found in hdb

/etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.1.16
nameserver 127.0.1.1
search hh3.site dragonet.es

exactly as on our (working) openSUSE boxes, also with dhcp.