[Samba] New AD DC fails to start

Matthew Daubenspeck matt at oddprocess.org
Sat May 17 16:01:39 MDT 2014

I have followed the Samba AD DC HOWTO wiki and after everything looks
proper, I can't get samba to properly start. I'm using Samba 4.1.7 on
Arch Linux. Running samba -d3 -i -M single I get the following error:

service_setup_stream_socket(address=::,port=0) failed -
NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER_MIX
task_server_terminate: [Failed to startup dcerpc server task]
samba_terminate: Failed to startup dcerpc server task

Any ideas what I may have messed up? I changed the proper DNS settings,
as well as put entries in /etc/hosts but I'm still not having any luck
getting samba started.

There were no errors on the initial provision.