[Samba] Active Directory share strange issue

Andy Durant adurant at vestec.com
Fri Mar 14 12:46:48 MDT 2014

As a test, I recreated my AD-DC in another VM and it works just as it
did before.  I can browse via \\server or \\server\share.  I re-used the
same sources that I used before for the now non-functional DC.

I initially followed the AD how-to on the samba wiki, and didn't do
anything with nmbd, and I don't use network neighbourhood, so am unable
to tell you whether it was listed there or not.

Given that it worked before and works on a test machine, I'm leaning
toward something changed in my machine that broke it.  Unfortunately
whatever is broken is blocking Group Policy and other functions.  I know
it shouldn't given I can browse directly to shares and see the actually
policy but it does break it.  Editing the policy from group policy
tools, give me a file not found error, and all the test clients have
group policy errors because they can not find it..

Andy

IP Address:    162.248.143.101

There is d

--