[Samba] Active Directory share strange issue

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Fri Mar 14 13:54:42 MDT 2014

Am 14.03.2014 19:46, schrieb Andy Durant:
> As a test, I recreated my AD-DC in another VM and it works just as it
> did before.  I can browse via \\server or \\server\share.  I re-used the
> same sources that I used before for the now non-functional DC.
>
> I initially followed the AD how-to on the samba wiki, and didn't do
> anything with nmbd, and I don't use network neighbourhood, so am unable
> to tell you whether it was listed there or not.
>
> Given that it worked before and works on a test machine, I'm leaning
> toward something changed in my machine that broke it.  Unfortunately
> whatever is broken is blocking Group Policy and other functions.  I know
> it shouldn't given I can browse directly to shares and see the actually
> policy but it does break it.  Editing the policy from group policy
> tools, give me a file not found error, and all the test clients have
> group policy errors because they can not find it..

Can you put a level 10 debug log that contains only the try of
connecting to \\servername to http://cpaste.org/ or some other paste
service?

Add the following to your smb.conf (if you haven't already done):
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         debug pid = yes
         log level = 10
         max log size = 0

Then restart Samba.

Empty the client log file directly before you start the connection try,
so it contains as less as possible things that doesn't have to do with
the \\server connect.

Then we can have a look at it and maybe see what's wrong.

Regards,
Marc