[Samba] Disable Pam checking for Samba4 Standalone role server with samdb_dbds as passdb backend !

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:42:06 MDT 2014

On 16/06/14 21:43, CpServiceSPb . wrote:
> > I answered your initial post and pointed you at the samba wiki, you
> > either didn't read it, understand it, or choose to ignore it. Your
> > question was a bit stupid, so I answered it the same ;-)
>
> If you would be more attentive and put off your guru crown you would
> be able to see, that: firstly I read Wiki link, and partical content
> could be interpreted in doubled way. in my oppinion. What I wrote about.

If you read the wiki correctly and follow it, you will get to where you
want to be.

> > You mean bad manners like keep opening new threads rather than
> replying in the thread ?
>
> Hurrah, hurrah, you have found something really stupid, have you. It'
> s one more your intelegent conclusion. But there is no so.
> It' s some issue of my e-mail client. I will check it tomorrow.

Please stop posting like an eight year old, if you have a problem with
your e-mail client, then fix it before doing any more posts.

> > I don't have to give you any proof what so ever, I don't even have to
> > point you at what will help you get to where you want to be.
>
> Also I posted that if you somebody has his/her oppinion (he/she may of
> course) and make that others oppinion/assumption/question is stupid
> WITHOUT proofs,
> either it is his/her non realized se...al fantasies or some foolish
> conclusions or mind garbage or some kind of illness. Choose in
> yourself variant what is up to you.
> You are likely a Samba guru but you behave as angry, bad mannered
> chield. ;))

No, I am certainly not a child and the very way you post is, in my
opinion, a very stupid way.

> But, if you don' t have any valuble to say within tech side of the
> topic, please, at least, stop, don' t garbage it. Ok ? :)

Well, that puts an end to any help from me, saying what I posted was
garbage just because I didn't agree with you.

> > If you do find a way to get samba working without nsswitch, please do
> > let us know, you will have made a major breakthrough ;-)
>
> But many things are possible in this world, in this time. -;)

ROFL

> For example, I end up some Samba4 feature (connected with NetBrowsing)
> , though, initially somebody said that it is impossible or rather can
> be implementing.

If you are using Samba4 as an AD DC, then you cannot have netbrowsing,
the nmbd daemon builtin to the samba daemon just will not do it.

> I will post if I find non-nssswitch solution...

I will not hold my breath whilst I wait.

Rowland