[Samba] Interdomain Trusts

Gregory Cushing ioudas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:27:13 MDT 2014

Does anyone know if interdomain trusts work in samba at all and what
versions they do? I am trying to get a 1 way trust working between two
domains and DOM A (which samba is joined to works in mapping users via
winbind) just not the one way trust for the other domain.... DOM B

Samba is just a joined member of the domain A with security = ads with
nothing more than winbind id rid maps for both domains. The ID Map is made,
I can do a wbinfo -a and resolve the sid for dom b.

I can see the users of the joined domain a with getent, but not with dom b.
Looking at the log.wb-DOMB I can see the errors are no inbound trust
listed. Yet it is enumerated in the winbind log for dom a to Dom B

Any help would be appreciated.

-Greg