[Samba] Win7 login script not running

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 06:39:21 MST 2014

I am not sure if the "logon script" parameter is smb.conf trumps the
"logon script" parameter set for a user (i.e. the one you see in pdbedit.)

I don't set a "logon script" in smb.conf.  Instead, each user has a
"logon script" parameter set.   I also don't use the %username% or other
variables in the "logon script" parameter.   I am not using a different
logon script for each user.   The script itself does have a line for
"net use x: %homeshare%"   to map each user's individual home directory.

I suspect the issue may be the %username% variable is not being resolve
correctly.   After you log in, does the "set" command from a command
prompt show you the environmental variables that you expect?

Windows 7 runs the login scripts in the back ground by default- so it
makes it a little harder to see if something is going wrong.    You can
change that behavior with gpedit.