[Samba] Win7 login script not running

samba1 at nym.hush.com samba1 at nym.hush.com
Mon Jan 27 06:15:40 MST 2014

Thanks very much for your reply.

I was working on this all day yesterday, and just can’t get it to
work.

It’s as though Windows7 simply isn’t executing the login script.

The user is called w7user2 and the login script is being named
w7user2.bat.  pdbedit –L –v w7user2 shows everything to be okay
with regard to the login script name and path.

I’ve tried it with another user, and have tried granting both
standard and administrator user rights on the PC.

I tried simplifying the contents of the login script so that it
didn’t do any drive mapping, so it shouldn’t be stumbling over any
of the login script’s content.

The only way I can get it to ‘work’ is by calling the login script
from a batch file in the user’s startup folder on the PC.  ie
‘call \\<server>\netlogon\%username%.bat’

That executes fine, which means the server side of the login script
seems to be working okay (as it is for all existing XP users).

I’m going to try it with another test Windows 7 PC (32 bit this
time) and see if that makes any difference.  At the minute I’m not
sure what else to try!