[Samba] DNS Setup

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Wed Jan 22 02:48:40 MST 2014

Hi Zhia,

> in that case you should not not mail.local.lan or local.lan domain
> use something else like
>
> mail.company.com
> and define statically on this company.com domain
>
> Of course that site2 dc will have a similar result.
> they are join...
>
> so make another static dns like
>
> mail.company2.com
>
> As for the NAT issue check on the openvpn configuration I'm not sure if
> that is possible.
> but it don't affect samba...

I think you cannot use only Samba4 internal DNS for this kind of
specific setup. In this case I would define a zone company.com as Chan
said directly in bind9 flat files configuration, and not integrated into
AD, and I would keep the zone local.lan AD integrated. This way you can
define the zone differently on the two sites in the company.com zone (or
use a bind multiview to have a common configuration between the two sites).

Cheers,

Denis