[Samba] pam_mkhomedir - was: Re: Samba 4 AD [homes] Share

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Jan 16 11:55:25 MST 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 16:34 -0200, Márcio Merlone wrote:

> I was expecting that when a user logs in, no matter from windows or ssh,
> its homedir were created according to 'pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/
> umask=0027', which does happen only on ssh, not when coming from windows.

It only works if the user is in /etc/passwd
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6071

We crate the user's profile and home directories when the user is first
created. Just copy an /etc/skel local user to a dummy user and dump this
as the user's home directory. Don't forget to set the uid:gid of the
dummy to that of the new user and chown it.
HTH
Steve