[Samba] pam_mkhomedir - was: Re: Samba 4 AD [homes] Share

Márcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Thu Jan 16 11:34:36 MST 2014

Em 16-01-2014 16:20, Rowland Penny escreveu:
> With this, (and pam_mkhomedir in common-session) when a user logs into
> a linux machine, their home directory is created for them at
> /home/username.
>> In fact, I sent another message to the list regarding this. When
>> logging in from a windows machine, the user home is created, but not
>> honoring /etc/skel as if the user logged from ssh, for example.
>
> You have a problem here, the problem being that you are confusing
> windows users and linux users.
Am I? With SSSD or Winbind or pam_ldap all windows users are also linux
users, provided they have unix attributes.

> When a windows user logs in (and you are using roaming profiles) it
> will use whatever path you put in the 'profilePath' attribute in the
> users AD. A linux user uses different attributes, ' unixHomeDirectory'
> & 'loginShell', you should not mix these attributes, but you can
> connect to the users linux home directory from a windows machine.
I was expecting that when a user logs in, no matter from windows or ssh,
its homedir were created according to 'pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/
umask=0027', which does happen only on ssh, not when coming from windows.

--
*Marcio Merlone*
TI - Administrador de redes

*A1 Engenharia - Unidade Corporativa*