[Samba] pam_mkhomedir - was: Re: Samba 4 AD [homes] Share

Márcio Merlone marcio.merlone at a1.ind.br
Thu Jan 16 12:01:36 MST 2014

Em 16-01-2014 16:55, steve escreveu:
> On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 16:34 -0200, Márcio Merlone wrote:
>> I was expecting that when a user logs in, no matter from windows or ssh,
>> its homedir were created according to 'pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/
>> umask=0027', which does happen only on ssh, not when coming from windows.
> It only works if the user is in /etc/passwd
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6071
It is different than that bug. It works flawlessly for ssh only, not
when coming from windows, which is what I (and probably many more) need.

> We crate the user's profile and home directories when the user is first
> created. Just copy an /etc/skel local user to a dummy user and dump this
> as the user's home directory. Don't forget to set the uid:gid of the
> dummy to that of the new user and chown it.
When creating a new user, we have to go to ssh and issue 'su -
new.user'. Given it has /bin/false as shell, it just creates its homedir
using /etc/skell, umask and then returns back to my user.

--
*Marcio Merlone*
TI - Administrador de redes

*A1 Engenharia - Unidade Corporativa*