[Samba] Samba 4 AD [homes] Share

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 16 11:20:01 MST 2014

On 16/01/14 18:07, Márcio Merlone wrote:
> Em 16-01-2014 15:57, Rowland Penny escreveu:
>> If you are using the winbind ad backend,
> Sorry not to mention before, I am using SSSD since I need more than
> uid/gid winbind can provide.

Funnily enough, so am I.

>> it should pull the unix home directory from the very aptly named
>> 'unixhomedirectory' attribute, provided that you have set it of course.
> Did not navigate the LDAP tree yet, but have set unix attributes for
> the user at dsa.msc snap-in. Not sure if this gets into this attribute
> though.
>
>> If you run  'getent passwd username' you should get something like this:
>> username:*:10000:100:username:/home/username:/bin/bash
> I get it. :)

OK

>> With this, (and pam_mkhomedir in common-session) when a user logs
>> into a linux machine, their home directory is created for them at
>> /home/username.
> In fact, I sent another message to the list regarding this. When
> logging in from a windows machine, the user home is created, but not
> honoring /etc/skel as if the user logged from ssh, for example.

You have a problem here, the problem being that you are confusing
windows users and linux users. When a windows user logs in (and you are
using roaming profiles) it will use whatever path you put in the
'profilePath' attribute in the users AD. A linux user uses different
attributes, ' unixHomeDirectory' & 'loginShell', you should not mix
these attributes, but you can connect to the users linux home directory
from a windows machine.

Rowland