[Samba] Minimal configuration for Name Service

Thiago Crepaldi thiago at thiagocrepaldi.com
Wed Feb 26 12:29:38 MST 2014

I believe your configuration works well. I was wondering if

        available=no
        name resolve order = hosts
        wins support = no
        wins proxy = no
        dns proxy = no

would make it a little bit more secure or not. I guess I ready something
somewhere alerting about the man-in-the-middle attack if wins ser, or wins
proxy or dns proxy was enabled but badly configured. In my case, as I don't
need any of it, maybe turning them off would be a good security enhancement.

But thanks, Marc, you helped a lot!

--
Thiago