[Samba] How To Delete DNS Domain

lp101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:34:01 MST 2014

     Thanks for the reply. This is a test DC in a Virtual
Environment(Ubuntu 12.04 and Samba 4.1.4).  Using Samba Internal DNS and
two DC's joined. Attempting to see what works using the Windows tools
and what doesn't. I receive the following in log.samba when attempting
to delete the domain using DNS RSAT.

[2014/02/10 19:50:18.942624,0]
../source4/rpc_server/dnsserver/dcerpc_dnsserver.c:1564(dnsserver_operate_zone)

dnsserver: zone operation 'DeleteNode' not implementedDnssrvOperation2:
struct DnssrvOperation2

in: struct DnssrvOperation2

dwClientVersion: DNS_CLIENT_VERSION_LONGHORN (458752)

dwSettingFlags: 0x00000000 (0)

pwszServerName: *

pwszServerName: 'samba4dc1'

pszZone : *

pszZone: 'domain.local'

dwContext: 0x00000000 (0)

pszOperation: *

pszOperation: 'DeleteNode'

dwTypeId: DNSSRV_TYPEID_NAME_AND_PARAM (15)

pData: union DNSSRV_RPC_UNION(case 15)

NameAndParam: *

NameAndParam: struct DNS_RPC_NAME_AND_PARAM

dwParam: 0x00000001 (1)

pszNodeName: *

pszNodeName: 'testdomain1.domain.local'

After receiving this error I closed the DNS snap in and relaunched it. I
noticed the object I created "testdomain1" was gone. Even though I
received this error. Attempting to recreate this same object gives
another error alluding to database inconsistency. As in the object still
exists however I can't see it nor recreate it.