[Samba] CUPS and Samba4

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Tue Dec 30 15:04:47 MST 2014

Hi,

I'm going to migrate my old CUPS server to a new setup. It shall provide
the printing backend for Samba4 and should integrate as seamless as
possible. Both Windows and Linux users should not require additional
passwords, but should be authenticated by their Kerberos tickets.

Is there anything particular to consider? E.g. has the CUPS server to be
joined to the AD and should it run a Samba instance of its own? Or is it
possible to have the DC delegate jobs to the CUPS server? Are there best
practices?

Regards,
  - lars.