[Samba] CUPS and Samba4

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 19:43:48 MST 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Lars Hanke <debian at lhanke.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to migrate my old CUPS server to a new setup. It shall provide the
> printing backend for Samba4 and should integrate as seamless as possible.
> Both Windows and Linux users should not require additional passwords, but
> should be authenticated by their Kerberos tickets.

There are a gazillion ways to configure both CUPS and Samba. Be clear
on whether you need to support authenticated printing only, whether
you are using Kerberos and Samba for genuine "Single-Sign-On"
authentication, or whether people without credentials or with laptops
not configured for your environment should be allowed to prent, and if
so on which devices.