[Samba] Change hostname of the main domain controller of the Active Directory

Quentin Gibeaux qgibeaux at iris-tech.fr
Mon Aug 25 07:34:51 MDT 2014

On 25/08/2014 09:56, Quentin Gibeaux wrote:
> I've just retried with another provision and this time it worked
> better, but not perfectly :
> It has change $oldname to $newname everywhere in dn:
> CN=$hostname,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=$DC
> But not in "msSFU30MasterServerName" entries of dn like :
> CN=$domain,CN=shadow,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=$dc
> (entries related to rfc2307 i think).
> Same thing with "fSMORoleOwner" of dn: CN=RID Manager$,CN=System,DC=$DC

I've found this in the renamedc script :

     # Update the server's sites configuration
     if False:
         # Desactivated for the moment we have a couple of issues with site
         # renaming first one is that it's currently forbidden
         # second one is that a lot of links are not backlinked
         # and so won't be updated when the DN change (ie. fmsowner ...)

Don't know if it still has to be deactivated, but anyway, even if i turn
False to True, "msSFU30MasterServerName" are still not updated (but not
fsMORoleOwner).