[Samba] Samba4 AD DC INVALID_SERVER_STATE

Bruno MACADRÉ bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Fri Aug 22 03:13:08 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I've a SAMBA4 AD DC primary controller, another server joined as DC too,
all worked pretty good since this morning....

This morning, I need to join a lot of workstations to the domain, I
begin on the first one and get an error message 'This operation must be
done on the primary domain controller'.... strange. I go on my first PDC
checking network, DNS (dbcheck returns no error).... nothing, I do a
'smbclient -L localhost -U Administrator' and I get an
'INVALID_SERVER_STATE error message', I do the same on my other PDC :
the command returns valid answer.

I've restarted the 'samba' daemon on my first PDC and all works now....

I've 2 questions :

* Why my first PDC becomes magically in an invalid state (without any
modification) ? (and what seems INVALID_STATE ?)
* Why my second PDC doesn't respond when I try to join my workstation
and my first PDC was in an invalid state ?

I hope this 'invalid state' wasn't too often 'cause it would be really
inconvenient when all users will come back from holidays.

Best Regards,
Bruno.

--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Mob : +33 (0)6-74-71-45-64