[Samba] Change hostname of the main domain controller of the Active Directory

Quentin Gibeaux qgibeaux at iris-tech.fr
Mon Aug 25 01:56:02 MDT 2014

On 22/08/2014 17:57, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 22.08.2014 17:48, schrieb Quentin Gibeaux:
>>> Use
>>> # source4/scripting/bin/renamedc
>>> and set the new name in your smb.conf
>> It seems it only updateu CN=$NETBIOS,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=… entry,
>> not its DN, but its values like samaccountname, name, and so on.
>> Everywhere else it still refers to the old netbios name and it's DN
>> (that has'nt changed). That's normal ?
> Hm. I haven't tried this script yet. It's still on my to do list for
> documentation.
>
> Andrew suggested this way in the past
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/samba/msg112021.html
>

> Maybe I find some time next week to play with that script.
I've just retried with another provision and this time it worked better,
but not perfectly :
It has change $oldname to $newname everywhere in dn:
CN=$hostname,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=$DC
But not in "msSFU30MasterServerName" entries of dn like :
CN=$domain,CN=shadow,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=$dc
(entries related to rfc2307 i think).
Same thing with "fSMORoleOwner" of dn: CN=RID Manager$,CN=System,DC=$DC