[Samba] Response from

Ignacio D. Favro ignacio at favro.com.ar
Fri Aug 22 07:30:17 MDT 2014

Hi!

First at all here is a infraestructure brief description:

+-------------+
 |  SAMBA    |eth_a----------LAN_A
 |     PDC     |
+-------------+eth_b----------LAN_B
        eth_c

+--------------+
 |                  |
 | GATEWAY  |--------------LAN_C
 |                  |
+--------------+

Now the issue:

    When we run a ping test from "LAN_C", samba server response from the
correct interface throw the gateway (in this example case eth_c), and
the same occurs when we try to access to the shared resources, and
that's ok. But when we try join to domain, the samba server response the
broadcast DNS query from any other interface like eth_a with the ip
source address corresponding to LAN_A, and if shutdown the interface
eth_a from eth_b and so on.
    Everything works ok if we try to join to domain from LAN_A and LAN_B
where the samba server are directly connected.

Regards and thanks!
Ignacio