[Samba] smbcontrol close-share not working with smbd

ivenhov iwan.daniel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 07:14:10 MDT 2014

Hi

I'm trying to kick out all users from the share in one go by using

sudo smbcontrol smbd close-share MyShare

but that does nothing. Running

sudo smbcontrol SPECIFICPID close-share MyShare

closes session for this specific daemon.

Basically I want to gracefully remove share and block the access to it.
Would editing smb.conf and then close-share be the way to go?

I'm using sernet-samba 3.6.24-31 on Ubuntu 12.04

Regards
Daniel