[Samba] Winbind question

Davor Vusir davortvusir at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 09:57:57 MDT 2014

** Skickat från mobilusken! **

Den 11 aug 2014 17:49 skrev "Ryan Ashley" <ryana at reachtechfp.com>:

> So you're saying that even though the ad backend is working, you'd still
have to do this manually? Mine all have ID's I entered manually, but I do
not have that many users. Is there possibly a way to add a script that runs
on user creation that will find the first free ID in a range and set it for
that user's uidNumber and gidNumber?

One idea is to create a script that uses samba-tool to first create a
useraccount and then add uid- and gidnumber extracted from the last part of
the SID plus your rangestart with ldbmodify(?).

Regards
Davor

PS. Glad you found the solution.