[Samba] Winbind question

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 11 10:20:42 MDT 2014

Hi, glad to see that you have got it working and the answer to your
question is YES.

If you use ADUC to create users and then update them via the
UNIX-Attributes, the first time you do this a couple of missing attributes
get added:
msSFU30MaxUidNumber and msSFU30MaxGidNumber

Guess what they do ?

Yes, that's right, they store the next uidNumber & gidNumber, so by using
an ldif you can easily write a script around ldbmodify to add the required
SFU attributes (you could easily done this even if you have 500 users)

Rowland