[Samba] Samba 4 AD share: Access denied

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:57:49 MDT 2014

So IF I read the 70+ previous mails correctly, it looks like you have
tried both packages and samba source, if this is the case you could
have some seriously screwed up library files, causing various issues
(such as binaries just crashing at certain points). With that said,
there is a fair chance that your libnss_winbind.so (or so.2) is
mismatched from your current winbind causing exactly this issue.

Is there any chance you can give us a current recap of your
issue/setup? Include current configs (if you need to mask something,
make that clear). Also please provide the output of getent passwd |
grep ADUSER (replace ADUSER with an actual user) and which setup
(package or source, and which package you are using) you currently
have (as well as what you have tried there too).

Thanks,
Ricky