[Samba] Samba 4 Consistent uid gid mapping across servers.

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Oct 23 02:14:39 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 23:50 +0100, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> On 22/10/13 21:31, Jacó Ramos wrote:
> > show link:
> >
> > http://www.stato.blog.br/wordpress/?p=1040
> >
> > How to provision samba 4.1 in domain windows 2003.
> >

> Though I am reading the Goggle translation from the Spanish, this looks
> like you started out at 2003R2 not plain 2003 to begin with.

Hi.
The article is written in Portuguese.

> What I don't understand is how anyone is running a plain 2003 domain in
> production in 2013 to be upgrading from in the first place. I though
> Microsoft killed support for plain 2003 years ago?

For many, the, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', is an overwhelming
factor. Many upgrades can be very painful and the longer you leave it,
the worse it gets. Another example is the 'for the sake of it' upgrades.
E.g. many will tell you that the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 is
really a downgrade. Eventually you get to the stage where upgrading is
going to cost you more time that starting again from nothing; just keep
your data. Just my €0.02.

Cheers,
Steve