[Samba] Samba 4 Consistent uid gid mapping across servers.

Gints Neimanis gintsn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 05:37:15 MDT 2013

On 10/23/2013 12:07 PM, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 15:53 -0700, Greg Sloop wrote:
>> Just because MS killed it years ago doesn't mean everyone can or will
>> dump it and move up.
>>
> It means that they are running without security updates, and as such are
> irresponsible and reckless.
>
>> I have an unnamed client who is still running on a Win2000 server, and
>> getting them to move is [and has been] pretty damn difficult.
>>
> Like I said there is no other way to cut this than that they are
> irresponsible and reckless.
>
> JAB.

In Latvia in 2008 our overall budget dropped more than over -40%, the
loans - 36%, staff was cut  and so on, IT budget dropped to near zero. I
can't imagine how to convince others, that in this situation we should
spend money for CAL's  and server licences to just replace one
trouble-free  working thing with other.  Anyway - now we switched to Samba4.

I just wish to say that there are always exceptions from general rules.

Have a nice day!
Gints