[Samba] Samba 4 Consistent uid gid mapping across servers.

Gints Neimanis gints at venta.lv
Wed Oct 23 14:42:58 MDT 2013

On 10/22/2013 11:15 PM, steve wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 20:30 +0300, Gints Neimanis wrote:
>

>> Clean provision always is good idea, but I have >1000 existing user
>> base, group policies and wished to keep them all.
>
> Hi
> Don't rule out staring from nothing. In the time it takes to work out
> how to do it with the existing db and schema, you can probably do it
> manually with a bit of help from wbinfo beforehand. 2 of us did an 800
> user school from nothing in a weekend. When you have all the users, just
> use a big hammer on the file server to chown stuff. The GPO's only take
> you a few mins once you have the OU's.

Ok, no problem to recreate user data and settings on new clean Samba4,
chown, GPO and so on, but AFAIK passwords cannot be transferred without
cracking. I wanted to do  Win->Samba migration seamlessly for users and
  yes - later they don't noticed this switch.
Now I just wanted to add uid to samba4 instead of current openldap server.

Cheers
Gints