[Samba] centos 6.4 SELinux and connecting to homes

Marc Fromm Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu
Fri Oct 11 11:50:48 MDT 2013

I setup of centos 6.4 box. The smb.conf file under SELinux notes said to run this command to share home directories.
setsebool -P samba_enable_home_dirs on

On the windows machine when I make a connection to \\server.name\homes<file:///\\server.name\homes>
I get the usual login prompt, but I cannot login. I provide my samba username and password but it fails to log me in.

My ipaddress is in the "hosts allow =" line.

Is there something else needed to use samba in SELinux? I can connect fine to my fedora and redhat boxes, which are not SELinux.

Thanks