[Samba] issue on upgrade samba 3 to samba 4

Zhia Chandra zhia.chandra at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 00:10:33 MST 2013

hii all

here what i have done

1. i copy /var/lib/samba from my clearos samba 3 server to my trial server
in /temp/samba
2. i copy /etc/samba from my clearos samba 3 server to my trial server in
/temp/samba
3. my smb.conf

[global]
# Setting password change timeout
passwd chat timeout = 60

# General
netbios name = PDC
workgroup = TERMINIX
server string = Samba

# Logging
syslog = 0
log level = 1
log file = /var/log/samba/%L-%m
max log size = 0
utmp = Yes

# Network
bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = lo eth0
smb ports = 139

# Printing
printcap name = /etc/printcap
load printers = Yes

# Security settings
security = user
guest account = guest
#restrict anonymous = 2

# WINS
wins support = Yes
wins server =

# PDC
domain logons = Yes
add machine script = /usr/sbin/samba-add-machine "%u"
logon drive = T:
logon script = logon.cmd
logon path =
logon home = \\%L\%U

# Other
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
unix password sync = Yes
passwd program = /usr/sbin/userpasswd %u
passwd chat = *password:* %n\n *password:* %n\n *successfully.*
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
wide links = No
hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 172.16.99.0/24 172.16.1.0/24
hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

# LDAP
# This file is automatically updated by ldapsync -- please do not edit.
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap admin dn = cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=terminix,dc=co,dc=id
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups,ou=Accounts
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers,ou=Accounts
ldap passwd sync = no
ldap suffix = dc=terminix,dc=co,dc=id
ldap user suffix = ou=Users,ou=Accounts
ldap connection timeout = 8

# Winbind
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://127.0.0.1/
idmap uid = 10000000-19999999
idmap gid = 10000000-19999999
idmap alloc backend = ldap
idmap alloc config : ldap_url = ldap://127.0.0.1
idmap alloc config : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=terminix,dc=co,dc=id
idmap alloc config : ldap_user_dn =
cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=terminix,dc=co,dc=id

==============================

include = /etc/samba/flexshare.conf

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories