[Samba] Which Samba version?

samba1 at nym.hush.com samba1 at nym.hush.com
Fri Nov 22 04:14:07 MST 2013

Thanks for the info and advice.  I’m going to stick with Debian for
now – it seems fine, plus one application I’m going to have to run
on another server is supported on Debian.  It did cross my mind
that Squeeze wasn’t around for too long – I did some initial
testing on Squeeze, and by the time I came to look at things again,
Wheezy was out.  I’m hoping Wheezy will be around for longer,
although if it’s stable and if it does what I need it do then it
could have a longer lifespan in use.  I did consider RedHat…

I’ve got SerNet Samba 4.1.1 installed – the info you gave me
regarding installation of 3.6 was helpful, and 4.1 went on without
removing any other applications.  Now I just need to configure it
and test the migration.