[Samba] Bulk smbcacls calls

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Thu Nov 28 10:56:57 MST 2013

Hi Peter,

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:00:18 +0000
Peter Flood <info at whywouldwe.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know any libraries or other commands that could help me?

The cifs.ko kernel client utilities package ships a getcifsacl binary
which may be worth a try.

> Failing that, I assume that much of the time taken is spent on
> authenticating the user/pw for each request. Would it be possible to
> write something that keeps the connection so that multiple requests can
> be made without reauthenticating (I'm not familiar with how
> LDAP/AD/Samba works)? I have looked at the source of smbcacls but
> nothing jumped out at me.

Noel (cc'ed) just finished a bunch of changes adding inheritance
propagation to smbcacls:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~noelp/noelp-samba/log/?h=smbcalcs-inherit-v2

It doesn't do recursion on --get, but the new code could certainly be
leveraged to add this feature.

Cheers, David