[Samba] Samba 4.1 & NAS & openSuse13.1 - wrong disc volume

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Thu Nov 21 07:09:32 MST 2013

On 20/11/2013 22:44, Martin . wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask you for a help. I have new NAS server (NAS325 v2), new
> notebook and also new, just released, openSuse 13.1 where is Samba 4.1.
>
> I want to share my data from NAS to Notebook (via Samba because of other
> notebook with Win7 will access).
>
> In NAS I have set public folder and this folder I have put in fstab in
> notebook with a mounting point. All seems OK and after mounting I can see
> and go through tree, I can create folders but disc space is shown "0B free
> from 20MB". The disc is 3TB and I cant download there any file due to
> missing free space.
Isn't the NAS running it's own OS?  Or are you saying you put opensuse
13.1 on the NAS?  It sounds like you put 13.1 and samba 4.1 on your laptop
and are trying to access a 3T drive on your NAS which is running its own
OS and maybe some version of samba.  If that's the case, the problem
would seem to be in the Software that is running on the NAS -- not
your laptop.  Are you sure the NAS can handle 3T drives?  Some older
NAS software might have problems with such a large hard disk.

You might see if there's a SW update for your NAS?